- About ISC
- Research Thrusts
- Research Laboratories
- Affiliated National Research Centers
Spontaneous Emission Engineering with Optical
Jie Gao (PI)
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
The project theoretically and experimentally investigated various multilayer metamaterials, including Au/Al2O3 and Ag/Ti3O5 metal‐dielectric stacks with unique optical properties, symmetric Ag/SiO2 multilayers for spontaneous emission engineering, Cr/SiO2 multilayers for broadband absorption, and plasmonic perfect absorber metamaterials for structural color printing.
- "Experimental characterization of optical nonlocality in metal‐dielectric multilayer metamaterials," L. Sun, F. Cheng, C. J. Mathai, S. Gangopadhyay, J. Gao, and X. Yang, Optics Express, 22, 22974 (2014).
- "Diffraction‐free optical beam propagation with near‐zero phase variation in extremely anisotropic metamaterials," L. Sun, X. Yang, W. Wang, and J. Gao, Journal of Optics, 17, 035101(2015).
- "Nonlocal effective medium analysis in symmetric metal‐ dielectric multilayer metamaterials," L. Sun, Z. Li, T. S. Luk, X. Yang, and J. Gao,Physical Review B, 91, 195147 (2015).
- "Broadband perfect absorber based on one ultrathin layer of refractory metal," H. Deng, Z. Li, L. Stan, D. Rosenmann, D. Czaplewski, J. Gao, and X. Yang, Optics Letters, 40, 2592 (2015).
- "Structural color printing based on plasmonic metasurfaces of perfect light absorption," F. Cheng, J. Gao, T. S. Luk, and X. Yang, Nature ‐ Scientific Reports, 5, 11045 (2015).
- "Aluminum plasmonic metasurfaces for structural color printing," F. Cheng, J. Gao, L. Stan, D. Rosenmann, D. Czaplewski, and X. Yang, Optics Express, 23, 14552 (2015).